Thursday, August 15, 2013

Waiting for you

Waiting for you

Watched the sky for a falling star
But all I thought was you're so far
Couldn't keep the gray in my brain
From thinking up poetic refrain
Then like rice paper in a flame
They'd slip away, who’s to blame
No way to write them down
Riding in and out of town
I'd write a letter to say I love you or how I am
Or perhaps ask for help if I got in a jam
Out here on the road though there is no post
That’s life in the wind for all of us ghost
I see my reflection on the wall
And think it'd be nice to give you a call
But I have no voice like it once was
No, you wouldn't hear me nobody does
No one listens to the whispering air
Then if they did they might get a scare
Hearing a loved one who’s passed away
Make room at the nuthouse they're going to stay
One day you'll cross over and I'll be there

But for now I'm just riding on the wind and a prayer
©Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment