Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Night Thoughts

Night Thoughts

Naked beneath the stars tonight
I sit and write by the firelight
Thinking in my quiet head
How I wish that I were dead
I try so hard each day you see
To pretend I'm as normal as can be
It grows harder with each day
To pretend the pain away
I lie awake on my bed
With criticisms being said
And all the voices that I hear
Make my self-loathing more sever
I try to put them out of sight
But I know that they are right
I am a person who's been broken
I'm as worthless as a token

The voices in my head have spoken
©Dark

2 comments:

  1. oh sweetie I have been in this spot so many times in the past.
    Now not so often. But i can feel your pain in this one.
    Big hug's
    Bon

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Bonnie
    I think we have most been in this position at some point
    The strength is getting through the night to the next day
    So glad we have had the strength when it was needed <3

    ReplyDelete