Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Eagle

The Eagle

I watched the eagle soar high above the tree
As he flew higher I set my spirit free
To lift above the ground on thermal currents
Sailing high with only cross winds as deterrents
Through his eyes I see such sights
Rivers, mountains, forests, glades, and city lights
Hours we flew through the wide-open sky
This eagle I'd joined was not at all shy
He showed me such beauty all over this land
Then he took to places that cry 'cause of man
To dank, dark alleys filled with decay
Where men, women, and children live life as prey
The helpless, the homeless, the rich now poor
Abandoned like the garbage they use for their floor
The people so dirty, they have lifeless eyes
Mosts dreams are all gone, no more tears, no more sighs
Oh what its like when your tears have run dry
And day to day all you want is to die
I thought of the people living in mold
What would they give to have something to hold
Would they give up their souls to have some place to live
Or would they offer you nothing and expect you to give
Tears and tears the eagle cries
And so shed tears from my eyes
A mighty country it is said

................But look at all our living dead
©Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment