Thursday, August 15, 2013

On Being Tired

On Being Tired

I need to embrace Morpheus
hold him close and treat him as a lover
keep him within the circle of my arms that I might dream
To feel the gentle swaying
as my mind does slip maddeningly away
and cover my mouth that I not scream
His kiss upon my eyes would be welcome
as a lovers kiss on a moonless night
lips soft touch calling me gently into sleep
Where is the god of dreams when one has need
does he drink the wine of Bacchus
high on mountains steep
Does he terry long and lovingly
with Clotho, Atropos, and Lachesis
as they weave out my fate
Perhaps he counsels Ares
on long dark lonely nights
tormenting him with hate
Come to me now oh lord of sleep and dreams
and take me far and wide from this place

that I may sleep a hundred years in just a moment's space
©Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment