Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Drink

I Drink

I drink to forget
No not regret
To ease the thought in my mind
Work life, stress that kind
I drink to sleep
Piled on the bed in a heap
It numbs my thoughts
Of family and job and whatnots
I drink to ease the worry
People will die if I hurry
Fatherless children if I do my job wrong
Family in crisis I must be strong
I drink for many a whys
Look at my life you'll give many a sighs
Truth and lies all become one
Without drink I'd come undone
I drink to hide the sadness I feel
The depth of my pain would make others reel
The madness inside must be kept at bay
For if it gets loose someone will rue the day
I drink for too many reasons to name
And in its light I see that life is just a game
A puzzle to be finished a game of the mind

And the only clue there is try to be kind
©Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment