Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mary Rose Scott

Mary Rose Scott

Oh Hallowed ground where the dwell
I sit and listen to thy stories tell
Your voice is in the wind and rain
Your sorrow carries so much pain
You walk with me from grave to grave
For our relationship I must be brave
You died in nineteen and six
So tell me why do we two click
Your gravestone’s beauty calls to me
And Mary Rose Scott on it I see
So many Scotts with you there lie
But no others have sought my eye
Other people feel you when I am near
And I often hear you in my ear
I see you sometimes walking there
But always feel your great despair
Sometimes I see you oh so pale
And in my heart I feel I’ve failed
I know not what it is you need
Or on my morose do you feed
There are times I wish you’d let me be
For I can not set you free
Someday I hope you’ll tell me true
Just what it is I can do for you
I’ve searched the records in the town
Yet your name I have not found
Someday I’ll find you in a book
I’ll find it in a dusty nook
And then perhaps I can discern

What it is you’d have me learn
©Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment